BREAKING NEWS

Sports

SpotLight

Movie Trailers

Sunday 24 August 2014

M.I holds Photo Exhibition to support homeless kids in Jos...

On Friday, August 22, award winning rapper M.I held a first-of-its-kind  ‘Photo exhibition and leadership event’ at Terra Kulture to raise funds for the needy and inspire Nigerian youths. 

M.I’s grand entry 

The man of the night arrived at the venue in his custom made Silver Bentley with the number plate ‘CHM’. He immediately caused a stir on the red carpet as all focus was instantly on him upon his arrival.

Akinwunmi Ambode Shows Love 
Already fingered as one of the candidates for the Lagos governorship elections come 2015, the former Lagos state accountant general, who publicly declared his admiration for M.I was one of the keynote speakers at the event. Mr Ambode arrived early and didn’t leave until the event ended. 

Nosa Opened the Show 
Gospel and inspirational act Nosa, M.I’s label mate opened the show with a beautiful rendition of his popular tunes ‘Always pray for you’ and ‘Always on my mind’ 

Meet the key speakers at M.I leadership event.
Some Nigerians who cut across all spheres of life had been carefully selected by the organisers to briefly speak on a range of topics. First on was Yao Sako, the managing director of Unilever Nigeria who spoke on Struggle, and Audu Maikori, Chocolate City boss, who came on stage to speak on Family. Next on was former accountant general of Lagos state Akinwunmi Ambode who spoke on Courage. 

Other speakers include social media analyst Japhet Omojuwa, Toyosi Akerele of Rise Nigeria, Gbenga Sabo, an Executive director at First Bank, who spoke on Wealth, while Adebola Williams and Ojoma Ochai spoke on Respect and Leadership respectively. 

Why Jesse Jagz was absent 
M.I’s kid brother who recently parted ways with Chocolate City to set up his own movement was conspicuously absent at the event. Investigations by us reveal the reggae star is currently in the northern state of Kaduna on a promotional tour. His last tweets a few hours before the event kicked off read, ‘It feels good to be in Kaduna. I have missed the north.’ In another tweet, he said "Catch me on Supreme fm 96.1 no2." Supreme FM is one of the leading radio stations in Kaduna State. ‘

Why I support Ambode’ – 
M.I at the event, M.I revealed that he has never been part of a political campaign and has never publicly supported any politician despite the offers he gets from them. He said "I’ve never supported any politician and if you see me support any, there’s a reason. Mr Ambode is here today because he’s my very good friend and he supports me.’ ‘Why I did a photo Exhibition A lot of fans and music industry pundits wondered why M.I would organize a photo exhibition and lecture after a long break from music, rather than focus on promoting his new single KING JAMES. The rapper explained himself, saying, "there’s a couple in Jos who need our support. During the crisis in Jos, they took in over 70 homeless kids and they’ve since been the ones taking care of them, they need our support so any proceed made from the sale of these pictures would go straight to them.’.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 Kelly Hansome
Powered by Celeb Island